My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Friday 8 January 2010

A huge belated Happy New Year....

to all of you my lovely blogging buddies. Hope 2010 is a fabulously creative year for all of you. My mojo has been out in the snow throwing snowballs over the last few weeks I think... because it hasn't been beside me as I've sat on the sofa toasting me toes. I love the snow as long as I don't have to venture out in it and/or dig out the car...sigh!! How can something that looks so beautiful be such a pain in the rear :D

I've found myself still been searching for something creative that leaves me feeling content in what I'm doing.... lately I've seemed to be flitting and unable to concentrate on any one thing... it takes me an age to get started and then I struggle to be happy with what I've created...hmmmm need to set myself some goals I think.

After wanting to have a play and try something new I decided that it was time that the inspiration I have gained from the fabulous Teesha Moore was ready to be unleashed and I have begun an art journal. Sorry the photos are pants.... couldn't scan the pages because they are in a spiral bound book. Think you'll get the idea though. It took me hours and hours to do these two pages... mostly because as you know I am guilty of forgetting when to stop once I get a pen in my hand, so I went a bit mad with the doodling. I think I should have taken some step by step pics cos the background is totally unrecognizable from how it started out :D
Teesha Moore usually paints her backgrounds first but I was too impatient to wait for paint to dry ( when I wanna do something... I need to do it now...lol) so after adding my magazine cuttings to my pages ...I filled in the gaps in the background with coloured pencil and I'm glad to say I ended up really happy with the result.
Teesha's style is so vibrant and colourful and doing these pages filled me with excitement ( now that's a novelty for me ). I really was absorbed in what I was doing and I've even begun another 3 pages... so for a little while at least I guess this is my new thing lol
Thanks for looking...see you again soon.
hugs
Chris xx

8 comments:

Chriss Rollins said...

BRAVO, AMAZING, FANTASTIC.

iS THERE NOTHING YOU CANNOT DO?

AND I GET THE CHANCE TO SEE THESE LITTLE BABIES IN THE FLESH TOMORROW ...PLUS.... i AM GETTING A SET of 3 TO BE FRAMED FOR MY KITCHEN WALLS....COS I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE ALREADY SEEN ALMOST FINISHED NUMBER 3 VIA EMAIL. YOU LIKKLE ANGEL. X

CHRISS X

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Wow these are amazing, Chris!! Keep going, lady! How wonderful that they make you feel excited too. I'm very impressed.

Gez Butterworth said...

Fantastic creations Chris. Glad you are having fun creating these. Your work is stunning. You are a natural at this. :-) I've tried to email you twice honey but they've both come back. :-( Just wanted to wish you a peaceful, heathly New Year. Love Gez.xx

Karen said...

SPECTACULAR, WONDERFUL, AMAZING ETC! Nothing I can say will actually protray how I feel about this work Chris!!! Forget them being in a book, put them on a wall my lovely. HUGE HUGS for you darling XXX

Dawn said...

Happy New Year!!!
Damned Mojo up and leaves us willy nilly!!! Hope it comes flying back soon, snow shoes and all!!! LOL
Anyway it hasn't flown too far because your journal pages are AMAZING - Wow the doodling is just stunning Chris

Hope you had a good festive time!!

Hugs
Dawn
xxx

Anonymous said...

WOW CHRIS !!! That is simply fantastic ... you are an amazing artist and an amazing lady
hugs June xxx

Jaqi said...

Stunning work Chris, The colours are brilliant , wow, wow, wow....cant stop looking at them they are super , Thanks for sharing, Jaqi

My Paper World said...

Hey Chris!
Absolutely amazing work! LOVE the doodling!
Hugs
Nicola