I have had a little smooth with the rough though, through watching this years "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" I don't usually get really involved a lot with these tv programmes... choosing to watch them only now and again... but hey I am going to be tuning in to this series and waiting every evening for the next episode!! I caught the first episode by chance because I had forgotten it was starting and I am sooooooo glad I did because I haven't LAUGHED so hard and for so long in many a long month. I laughed so much that I almost wet my pants... WHY ANY sane person would put themselves through the ordeals of putting their hands on huge creepy crawlies or eating such unappealing morsels as eyeballs and kangaroo testicles is totally beyond me... urgghhhhhh with a capital U.... rofl Mind you as daft as THEY are... I guess I'm dafter for watching and most of it is seen from behind a pillow as I cringe and squirm ;-)
Anyway on to nicer things.... I finally managed to create my arch for this weeks Gothic arch challenge and as I have been in the mood to experiment lately I decided to watercolour the background and the paper for the edging and flowers. The black base card has a slight marble effect on it but unfortunately doesn't show up well on the photo. The silhouette is a printable from Cen's crafty bits.
Now then last week when I spent some crafty time with my pal Chriss I was itching to do some altered dominoes... 'specially since the prize I won last week from Karen's Christmas card challenge was stamps that fit so beautifully onto them. I had no alcohol inks... but I hate to be beaten so tried all sorts of inks ...drawing inks, printer inks, etc to try and get a similar effect :D ... nope it wasn't going to happen... BUT I had another electric light moment (need one of those symbols for my blog..lol) and decided to try my Sharpie pens because they are permanent to see what would happen.
Well after hours (and I mean hours!!) of colouring the dominoes and attempting to smudge the ink with the pads of my fingers... it worked a little :D Almost had no skin left on my fingers ... so I wouldn't recommend trying it..lol but I was happy enough with what I managed to do and went on to decorate this tin...
so I have now got something to put my tiny stamps in AND something pretty to look at too.
I will however NOT be attempting to recreate any of these project until I get some alcohol inks ( which by the way... I ordered today..rofl...naughty girl!!) Well a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do ;-D
Sorry it was such a l-o-n-g post... congrats if you are still awake :)