My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Wednesday 12 November 2008

Big art adventure challenge- chunky atc

I soooo enjoyed doing this challenge as I haven't painted so much since I was a kid... it's amazing how you don't really forget... just that the ability to do something lies dormant in you until you rediscover an interest. I am so inspired by Linda's paintings that I wanted to do something similar but I always manage to end up with something on the twee side...lol Maybe that's just part of my personality which comes out in what I create.
Anyway I am slightly impressed with myself that I managed to finish her... even though I re-painted her face so many times it's a wonder it doesn't stand off the block an inch on it's own... she had small eyes and big lips, then smaller lips and a nose, then big eyes big lips and no nose... honestly a face lift from a surgeon would've been quicker. I can draw cute faces but when it comes to filling them in with the paintbrush I was totally kak handed. The paint was going in every direction but the one I wanted...lol
I also found that what looks like delicate painting in reality.... looks quite splodgy when you take the photo to put on your blog... but then that could also be my eyesight :D I am glad that I have finished my piece and even managed to add a wee bit of bling...well I just had to didn't I.... but I think I need to keep on practicing to enjoy my art adventure more :D
have a great evening
hugs
Chris xx

16 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful Chris and so original!! These really are addictive I am finding :) oxo

Dawn said...

Wow they are gorgeous Chris - the colours are so vibrant

Chriss Rollins said...

WHO'S A CLEVER GIRL THEN...LOL

Hey do you wanna give me a face lift?

she is gorgeous and like Patty said Original.

well done my friend
chriss x

For the life of me said...

these are lovely xxx

Jaqi said...

Very Nice Chris, Love the colours and I think you have done a fantastic job with the face, Jaqi x

Ana Baird said...

They're brilliant Chris!

Anonymous said...

Well Itell ya what Chris..These are `gorgeous` Chris...Wow Can you do my face please?ok then Maybe not even a surgeon would say no to all my wrinklies!!!!lol...
Big (((hugs)))...Your always able to put a smile on my face:)~X~

Shashi Nayagam said...

OMG this is beautiful. If you think it is splody IT IS NOT. The effect is awesome I love it! Your talent has no limits.

Kazza said...

She is beautiful Chris - gorgeous face and stunning colours. I second Chriss's comment - face lift for me too please LOL. xxx Karen

Linda Vincent said...

Oh Chris...I am really pleased you had a go at this, and the result is fantastic! I am so glad someone else is enjoying painting woodblocks - I love it!
Hugs
Linda xx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, beautiful. love the lovely background colours.

Pearl said...

Really loving this art adventure that you're on ! & when did you change the blog header ? or havent I noticed earlier ? áck ! such vibrant cheery colours on vellum ? ít's so original & refreshing !

Sandy said...

Oh Chris these are so original.
Unbelievable ATC´s. Love them. Excellent work.

nancy said...

Wow! Brilliant color and design.
Nancy

Rosie said...

This is what ABAA is all about - having a go at something, and what a great result! You certainly can't tell that you had so many attempts at the face. Well done Chris and thanks for joining in our challenge!
Love
Rosie ABAA

Anonymous said...

Wow is right! Love the color and your cool chick!