My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Sunday 13 March 2011

I take it back....

what I said about not liking comedies... ok I still can't stand most of them but just by chance I watched Mrs Brown's Boys on T.V.  and I swear down... I almost wet myself.  I laughed and laughed and laughed until I could hardly breath!!  Now it's not for everyone cos there are lots of naughty insinuations and sweary words BUT if you aren't easily offended you just HAVE to watch it. My Sister phoned me while it was on and I could hardly speak to her I was laughing so hard. So she turned on the TV to see what all the fuss was about and the pair of us were squealing down the phone and laughing so hard that we couldn't hear each other :) Best half hour of belly laughs I've had in my life and that's no lie even though it pains me to admit to liking at least one comedy..lol
Still no creating going on BUT I came across a folder of pics of things I haven't shared on my blog yet... don't ask me why but I know I haven't ...so I will share a few until my mojo hopefully returns.... maybe I should just watch Mrs Browns Boys over and over on BBC iplayer to keep me in a good mood... perhaps my mojo will then come running back eh!
So a while ago I got a yearning to create something other than with paper and dug out some bits and pieces for easy sewing and this is what I came up with.


lots of beads, lace and heated voile and voila...a  pretty brooch and a pretty niece who kindly modelled my creations for me :-D


The next piece was made with some more of the same heated voile, some black ribbon and some beads dotted about... although it just goes to show how bad my eyesight is getting when some of the beads are shiny and some dull.  Didn't even see that till I looked at the photo.... mmmmmmm Specsavers???


I put this one onto a hair clip which dear Niece added to the hairband she was wearing.


Finally some more voile but this time heated  longer so it crinkled up more, added onto a piece of lace and topped off with a glass bead .....


and another hair accessory was born.


Hope to be back again soon
hugs
Chris xx

5 comments:

Lori said...

Gorgeous brooches Chris! And so glad you are finding comedies to make you laugh! We all need a good laugh now and then!

Chriss Rollins said...

Thats the comedy I was trying to tell you about last week I just happened to turn on the tv and it was on and I wet myself ...well nearly did...lol.

I'm just off to scan a few ATC's and blog them.
LOL what with your phone going dead and mine too we were not meant to talk for 3 hours tonight or you would have missed Mrs B's Boys...lol

catch you later.

Have you picked yourself up ..I am blog hopping...yeh I know..nice to be back.

chriss x

Karen said...

Now if that made you laugh like that I must check it out my lovely!!!

Your brooches are really pretty, thank you for showing us honey xxx

A'n'G Johnson said...

oooo what fun brooches.

if you have time and interest, I would be honored if you would consider joining a community art project I'm trying to get off the ground:

http://acommunityartproject.blogspot.com/2011/02/project.html

I could extend the due date some also.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Lovely broaches Chris.