My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Friday 21 November 2008

Fun and Funky cards

Well I was hoping that by today at least I was going to be 100% over this bloomin' cold BUT it has got it's teeth well and truly into me and I can't shake it off so my apologies for not getting around your blogs this week... I am hoping to catch up with everyone over the weekend :D
Not much creating going on here cos I really just can't be bothered but I thought I would pop in and share with you a few cards I did a little while ago just for fun and to fill up my card box... seeing as my memory doesn't stand up to the birthday test quite often... I like to have a little supply of standbys.

This one was made using Kate Hadfields Halloween downloads ( I know Halloween is well gone!!)but I think the characters are so much fun and I enjoyed thinking of different ways to use them :D The little bubble stickers were from one of my £1 shop finds and I even used some ribbon... which I almost never do on boys' cards.

The next card was created from papers and sentiment from Willow Design Stamps (Occasions cd)... along with the obligatory bling...lol

Another character from Kate Hadfields Halloween downloads for my final card... well black cats are supposed to be lucky aren't they... with the addition of some Cosmo Cricket velvet and twill ribbons :D

I think I'll nickname this handsome cat Buddy cos he seems to have acquired a little following and made himself a couple of cute friends... courtesy of Photofunia... boy I love that site...lol

Tiny things please tiny minds eh...rofl
Okay that's all folks... will hopefully be back after the weekend with a tutorial for you and some colourful creations made with my new alcohol inks...whoooohoooo Yes they did arrive but I haven't played with them yet (now you KNOW I'm sick don't ya!! lol)
Have a great weekend all
hugs
Chris xx

29 comments:

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hope you feel better soon Chris...

Love these bright and colourful creations....wonderful designs/layouts...especially your red masterpiece..xx

Chriss Rollins said...

Have missed you my friend..that nasty cold gotcha... I know you are poorly 'cos you havnt played with those gorgeous inks yet and you were soooo looking forward to them coming.

Now those cards are gorgeous esp the red one love the layouts.

have a good day with DGS tomorrow...we can swap notes as I have youngest tomorrow too...we will be making ATC's no doubt.

Don't forget head over bowl of steamy water.... will loosen any blackheads too... well just a thought..if you had any that is...rofpmsl

chriss x

Uneekdolldesigns said...

Oh I love your items, they are so pretty!! And I hope you get over your cold soon, drink lots of echinacea tea and zinc lozenges... by the way, your story of the broken elastic cracked me up - I love hearing those kinds of stories!

By the way, I have another one that happened to me...I wore a padded push up brassiere to church one Sunday. I hung my coat up in the coat room and went to service. I cam e back to put my coat on and guess what was laying in the floor by my coat??? The padding out of one side of the cups...ha ha! No wonder I was lopsided! ha! I am my own best source of amusement! :)

Get better soon!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh what wonderful cards. I love the last one and am glad you still kept your wonderful sense of humour inspite of the dreadful cold.
Look forward to your new creations.
Hope you feel well soon

sharon said...

awww..you not well hun....lots of fairy dust your way.xxxxxx
..your card making skills obviously havn't been affected as they are gorgeous as ever!

Am working this weekend..yikes..while a certain someone is decorating!!!..ha
Wrap up warm as we are heading for snow and you know...we've had about 6 flakes so far..batton down the hatches and hibernate.xxx

Kath Stewart said...

fabby cards Chris and I know what you mean about this cold thing..just when I thought I was getting over it...my Bl**dy nose starts running and back to square one.....take care...keep warm and look forward to the fabby stuff with the alcohol inks
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Smashing cards Chris!! Especially like the good luck one, its fab.
Hope youre cold disappears very very soon xx

Census said...

Vitamin C..they say that it helps colds..mind you they say a lot of things, lol!!
I love the cards Chris..they are stunning!!

Chriss Rollins said...

Hello My friend...ok you may have a runny nose and feeling ***p but you are not getting away with this... just want to say how much I value your friendship and our crafting nights (by the way get rid of that B****Y cold as I have missed this weeks crafting thursday)
yOU INSPIRE ME LOADS AND i KNOW YOU WILL SAY IT'S THE OTHER WAY ROUND..lol... so be quiet and see what I have left you on the papergirls blog.... haha gotcha.
chriss x

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow truly amazing cards.
The first is so funky. Love them all. Very inspiring.

carolann said...

Wow your cards are absolutely stunning hun well done xxxx

Jaqi said...

Fab cards Chris, The colours on the first one are my favourite, and those little cats are so so so cute......Jaqi x

Anonymous said...

Hiya Chick..Hope you are well...
Your cards are `fabulous` I love them all...
Look forward to seeing your creations using your new inks!!!:)~X~Big(((hugs)))

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Chris just got your link from Dan's blog. I'm loving your work, think I need to be a bit more adventurous ;)
Anne x

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Love those cards Chris.
They are so fun and bright.
Hope your better soon

Caroline x x

sharon said...

hope you are ok..hopefully i have something that will make your day brighter

Dawn said...

Aww Chris so many people have got this cold - hope you can shake it soon...
Love your cards especially that furry critter!!! AND the red and white one is just my style!!! LOve it!

Dawn
x

Dawn said...

P.s OOh that is such a fun site - lovin' those kitties!!

Unknown said...

AWWW GET WELL SOON CHRIS! LOVE ALL YOUR CARDS BTW!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Great inspiration my lovely.

Pop over to my blog for some fab news...

Lorraine xxx

Kristen H said...

Hurry up and feel better!!!
Miss you tons and bunches.
xxx

sharon said...

you are obviously still not well..aahhhhh..get well soon..miss ya.xxx

Linda Beeson said...

I hope you are doing better by today! LOVE your creations especially the red one!

Pearl said...

oh my ! Hoping you have been able to play with your alcohol inks by now ! Hope you're doing much better this week ?!

these card creations are all so fun ! love the photofunia pic alrite ! lol I printed out a coupla of my pics edited in photofunia .

Anonymous said...

I hope you are better by now ,I have plenty of sympathy me and Bella have had a horrible cold too its taken a week to shake off.
I love your Emergency stash sooooooooo gorgeous.
Love and a big hug from sesga xx

Vintage Papers said...

hope you are feeling better! love these cards just gorgeous as always. When you get a chance to stop by...I have an award for you on my blog...:)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Oh, Chris, I hope you feel better soon! Your cards are so cute, as is the kitty cat fan club!

I just got some alcohol inks too - haven't played with them yet but am planning to. Enjoy them when you get to yours, and do take care. Hugs X

Shashi Nayagam said...

Just popped in to see if you are feeling better. Hope you are on the way to recovery. Take care.

Anonymous said...


Create more funny graphics with your digital photos @ http://www.FotoTrix.com (over 2,500 fun overlay templates).