My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Out of the Journal .... week 1

Wow is it THAT long since I last blogged.... where do the weeks go!!  They days are going so quickly that at this rate I am going to be in my 70's before I know it lol.  Anyhoo I am joining in with Dina's new challenge here.  called Out of The Journal.  I'm a bit late though because I started a canvas and then totally took a wobbly when it just wouldn't go how I wanted it to... well it turned out to be a happy accident (love those) because I ended up with something I love even more.


The canvas is 8" x 8" and is destined for my kitchen when I have finished the other three for the rest of August.  I already started the others because I kept jumping from one to the other when my mojo wasn't happening.


I used lots of paper layers and acrylic paint and I'm not sure I will paint faces on uneven background after this because I really found them to be a challenge in more ways than one.  I hadn't intended to do faces at all.... I wanted to do something abstract but it just wasn't happening so I guess my love of  drawing and painting faces just keeps getting in the way.


You can see more of the texture in this close up... not easy to capture with my camera but I hope you can see what I mean.

Hope to catch up with you all soon
hugs
Chris xx

7 comments:

Dina said...

It is gorgoeus! Thanks so much for playing!

Sandy said...

Really really beautiful work Chris.
This is pretty.
Love her face.
xoxo

denthe said...

Gorgeous girl and lovely colorcombination! I know what you mean about uneven backgrounds and painting faces on top, have been having trouble with that too... ;-)

Joanna said...

You are absolutely brilliant at faces! Love love love her eyes.

Sally H said...

WOW, Chris! This is totally stunning! Looking forward to seeing the other two. Fantastic x

Laura Spano said...

Oh wow- I'm glad you posted a comment on my blog because otherwise I wouldn't have seen this- how did I miss this on Dina's blog? Anyway, I'm glad I did, because this is just lovely. I love the texture underneath, the roses and her dreamy expression.

My Heart's Fancy said...

Love the texture.... It will be lovely with 3 others. Can't wait to see them..... Maura