My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

29 faces....faces 23,24 and 25

We are nearing the end of the challenge and I have to say that now I am glad of the two extra days in May for the 29 faces challenge.  I just didn't have the time to post yesterday... just don't know where the hours went and by the time I realised I hadn't blogged I was soooo tired that I just didn't have the energy or the inclination to do anything but snuggle under the duvet and get some Zzzzzz's.  So I missed sharing but I hope you will  enjoy my faces today.

Face #23 is a little more childlike than most of my faces and I have to say I love her... she is MY personal favourite out of all of the sketches I have done.  I managed to do her hair properly AND give her eyelashes, so completed in every way which makes me happier than you will know...lol


Face #24 is a pen sketch coloured with pencils... a bit labour intensive and also not picture box pretty but brilliant for getting those fingers working and being ink I had to take care not to make mistakes.  I love my putty rubber lol ... but it would have been no use here.


 Face #25 is another pencil sketch that I coloured digitally.  She came together nicely and I am getting quicker thanks to this challenge.  Hey if you don't use it... you lose it (that's the saying isn't it)...it's true in many ways but I have found that the less I draw the harder it becomes next time I pick up my sketchbook.  So this challenge has been wonderful for me because I feel that each day I have pushed myself further and now I'm not putting my sketches aside half finished to go back to on another occasion.


Thanks for looking and I will be back to share my final 4 faces tomorrow.  I won't be posting for a few days after that as I am going into hospital for day surgery so I hope you have enjoyed this months art... as much as I have x

hugs
Chris xx

5 comments:

denthe said...

Beautiful work Chris! The hair is just wonderful on all three of them, and their eyes are amazing! Looking forward to the next 4 faces!

Unknown said...

My favorite is the last one. What program do you use for digital coloring. Did you just do a "wash" of pink? My favorite medium is graphite, but I'd like to figure out how to add a little color in a way that's pleasing to me. It's usually either "all or nothing" for me. Full on paint (which is usually frustrating), or just graphite (which usually makes me feel all happy inside). Not quite sure how I want to mix the two.

Jenny said...

Oh Chris... they are stunning... LOVE the hair on all three... the eyes you draw have such wonderful expression... can't wait to see the final four...

Hugs
Jenny x

Lesley said...

Oh Chris, these are stunners and I have to say the girl with the thick braids is stunning. Your eyes are just beautifully done.
Take care and you are on the home stretch now. I too posted my last face today, I was dog tired last night.
No big deal.
Les♥

Sandy said...

Woooooooooooooooooow again so beautiful Faces Chris.
Fantastic work. xoxo