My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Check out my colour scheme... a few photos....

to wet your whistle... just like I promised. Just when I had almost given up the will to live... everything has started to come together nicely aaaaand.... I am back on line WHOOOHOOOO with bloody bells on (pardon me french if you please) I'm so excited that if I only had the stamina I'd be a hop, skippin' and a jumpin all around me newly decorated rooms but as I have little energy left then I will have to satisfy meself with being happy to be back and look forward to getting back into the swing of things in bloggy land and catching up with all my chums Yeeeehaaaaa. Oooooooh it feels like Christmas ;-D First of all thank you all for your continued support and friendship while I've been awol it's really kept me going when I've been hard at work and though I haven't been able to visit any of you online I have thought about you all often :D It has been an uphill struggle trying to do all that I've had to, with moving house but finally I can show you the fruits of my labour. I told you that 'Changing Rooms' wasn't going to get a look in and you will see what I mean as you scroll down.... nowt went untouched....lol I decided to let you see some of the nice bits first cos I have so much to share with you that you would be here for days so I will eke it out over the next few weeks. Don't want ya' all to be getting bored now do I. Crafting of a different kind I call this ;-)
The fireplace didn't fit with what I had in mind for my colour scheme sooooo it had to be re-vamped.
I scrounged this old rocking chair off of my Sister's Father in Law and it got the treatment too....
I think it was worth it.... anyway I will have plenty of use for it in my dotage...lol
Now this little lady gave me nightmares....honestly I jest you not. I have never re-covered a sofa before but let me tell you I will NEVER...NEVER....NEVER in this lifetime do it again. Well actually this one is a sofa bed but I digress.... it gave me the Mother of all headaches!!!
I assumed (wrongly I may add) that it couldn't be THAT difficult... famous last words, It took me hours and a totally sleepless night to finish it.....
but even though I cursed and almost cried and was one step away from launching the whole thing through the nearest window.... I persevered and won through in the end and I reckon the effort was worth it. I LOVE.... LOVE....LOVE me new sofa :D

I reckon you've guessed by now that my new found love of the colour green a few months back hasn't diminished. I'm loving it... in fact if I didn't think I would become really fed up with it too quickly the whole house may have ended up that colour... but I know that I am fickle...lol ... so I went for a different colour in each room. You won't have tooooo long to wait to see what I mean but give me a little while cos boy have I got some catching up to do :D

Okay I'm off to me bed now cos I've got some MEGA bloghopping to fit in tomorrow.... yeeeehaaaa!!!

hugs
Chris xx

9 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

oh chris it is great to have you back in bloggy land and I am loving your new colour scheme...love that green...and all the hard work was so worth it...can't wait to get the rest of the tour...big hugs...we missed you...kath xxxxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love that colour scheme, the green is a wonderful colour. Take care. Anesha :-)

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Wow Chris fantastic, you have worked so hard love the scheme.
You have inspired me to do something in our house... can here hubbies groan now as I mention it to him!!
Caroline xxx

Karen said...

ooo ooo ooo I love your colour scheme Chris!!! I am totally with you on the recovering sofa front...I tackled an old armchair once...never again!!!! But all your hard work has been worth it. I hope that the rest of your new home is as beautiful. HUGS XXX

Sally H said...

Good to have you back, hun! Loving that colour scheme!

Chriss Rollins said...

WOW WOW WOW,
yOU KNOW i LOVE IT ...i SAW ALL THIS IN THE FLESH B4 THE MAKE OVER AND CANT WAIT TO GET OVER AND SIT ON THAT LITTLE LADY.
WELL DONE.
bE SOOO GLAD WHEN MINE IS FINISHED TOO AND THEN WE CAN GET BACK TO CRAFTING.
TAKE CARE
CHAT SOON.
cHRISS X

Pearl said...

wow ! wow ! wow ! beyond fab what you've done with decorating you new pad , Chris !!! very well done ! & looking at that black sofa bed - who would have known it was so hard to re-upholster ! way to go , girl !

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Chris, welcome back :D! I am loving the pics of your newly renovated and decorated rooms! I am soooo impressed with all your hard work. The green really works well and I love the freshness of the white touches with the black - that fireplace looks glorious as does the sofa. Your rocking chair is rockin'!! I had a small taste of the reno stakes when I had lots of my furniture restored in July/August and know the delight of having it all back in its best clothes. Enjoy and I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Dawn said...

Okay Mrs Woman of Many Talents - You totally rock - is there nothing you won't attempt!!
You and my mum should get together, she has recovered her three piece suite and two other chairs just a few months ago!!!
She thinks she got the wrong baby home from the hospital because I'm hopeless at that sorth of thing and totally ham fisted!!!


Tee Hee

Dawn
xx