My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Chipboard jewellery and a little toot :D

A little bit of excitement today cos I can now share with you that I have been invited to join the Tando Creative Design Team.... whooohoooo with a cherry on top :D  That means lots of lovely lovely chippie will be coming my way to play with.  I want to say a HUGE thank you to Di  for the opportunity and I hope you will pop over to the Tando blog to join in with the gorgeous things that I and the other DT members will be sharing there.


I couldn't abandon my painting just yet... oh you just know that I can't...lol... so I was uber excited when I realised that the Tando Chipboard is sturdy enough to take whatever I throw at it... and as it also has a gorgeous white coating it's ideal for painting on. Yeeeeeessss!!  So for my first pieces for the DT I decided to create some heart jewellery.  I think Frida Kahlo is a wonderful artist and my brooch above is in honour of her.


I then decided to paint a little whimsy girl and turned the painting into a necklace before finally doing a mixed media brooch (below) too.   Lotsa fun... I enjoyed every moment.

This one was created by throwing bits of kitchen roll at it... ok ..ok I didn't throw them... I rolled them and collaged them and added swirls of fabric coated wire... but you know what I mean ;-)
The colouring is watercolour crayons and acrylic paint mixed.

Now for the best bit... I made these from the Tando Home hanger and I still have another heart and the words left to play with... heh heh.. I'm nothing if not frugal with my goodies!! 

I will share what I make with what's left soon.  TFL
hugs
Chris xx

10 comments:

Lori said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news! Your paintings are just wonderful!

~*~Patty S said...

Congratulations they are very lucky to have you Chris!
Love your heart creations...Frida especially speaks to me...she's brilliant!
oxo

Kath Stewart said...

hug congrats chris...you are going to be a great asset to the team and I am loving your painted faces....big hugs kath xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Congratulations!!! Your pieces are lovely.

Rosie said...

Congratulations Chris - well deserved hun!! Can't wait to go have a browse round their site!! 'o)

Karen said...

Awe.....hi teamie :D !!! Your place is so well deserved my lovely! These bits are awesome, I would never have thought to paint pictures/faces on them! Beautiful work, HUGS XXX

Carol Plume said...

what gorgeous pieces Chriss - congratulations on your DT place and welcome to the team.

You look so different in your picture - had to look twice!!

Electra said...

Whistle, clap, cheer, Chris!! YOU PAINTED THESE?!?!?! I am so impressed.

Shashi Nayagam said...

How cool is that! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!You are sooo desreving..Enjoy :) :) :) x
Missus Your jewellrey is flamin fabulous!!!TFS:) x