My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Summer of Color - Pink

This weeks Summer of Color challenge is Pink and this wasn't my intentional piece... in fact I didn't even realise at first that there was pink in the Encaustic wax covered sheet I had used to add to some Tando bare chipboard to make my mosaic pieces for this bookmark (sheesh colour blind or what...lol)


 I definitely added pink beads to decorate the fine lengths of chain on purpose though.


I know there are other colours so I hope it fits the challenge... but well... all pink just wouldn't have had the same effect. 


I carried on to make a pair of earings as I well and truly had the mosaic bug... it may be fiddly cutting your own tiles from chipboard but it's very therapeutic too.


I used chipboard for the front and back of these and covered the reverse with other pieces of Encaustic wax coated paper which were more pink.


Then because I had leftover bits... and because I can't bare to throw anything away I made a necklace.


Quick and easy compared to the other bits.



Used double chipboard for this too so that it could be reversible.


Sorry for the long post ...Congrats if you got this far... blimey got a bit carried away...lol
hugs
Chris xx

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, some gorgeous things there. I must have a play with mosaic. I've been intending on making mosaic times from my felt offcuts.

Mandy said...

when i saw the first piece i thought these would look good as jewelry and there they were...these are fabulous and I can see the pink influence..love them....xxx

sugar Creek said...

Those are some beautiful pieces!!

Kristin said...

They are perfect! I adore what you have done here - the bold colors and mosaic tiles are such a wonderful combination - and I love the pink beads on your bookmark. Wow - wonderful work - thanks for sharing this with us, xo

Karen said...

Have you got that pesky fly yet my lovely????????

I love these pieces...they are really eyecatching & unusual xxx

Lori said...

These are wonderful! I love the colors, Chris!

Wildflowerhouse said...

Not color blind at all. Love all of these and they are my favorite colors too.

Electra said...

Oh my, you've been busy. I don't know how you come up with all these great ideas!

Netty said...

These are all fabulous Chris, especially love the mosaic tiles.

Noemi said...

perfect for Summer. And I love the idea of them being reversible.
They are ALL wonderful pieces.

Mamá Osa said...

Gosh I want those earrings! haha xo

helena said...

beautiful pieces - love the technique and the added beads on the chains are fantastic

Daniele Valois said...

Really cool and unique!!!

Liette alias Pixelle said...

oh oh oh...it is amazing...the beauty of each one is fantastic...I would be proud to wear those earing jewel...or necklace...wouaw...I am impress...see you next week with a yellow creation...

Kazza said...

Oooooh love them all Chris - especially the necklace - gorgeous (love both sides - two different looks in one pendant - Fabulous!). Xxx Karen

Unknown said...

These are all amazing. You did a great job. I must learn more about your process and materials.