My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Monday 6 June 2011

It's been a while....

but it wasn't intentional... I took a few days off from blogging to spend some time with my Sister but then somehow I just couldn't get back into blogging or creating.   Days have turned into weeks and I've started a million crafty things (ok slight exageration..lol) but then hated them all.... think my inner critic has been on overdrive!!   

On the positive side I have begun to excercise again (both to help my weight loss and to give me some well needed energy) and oh baby it's Zumba all the way.  Boy is it a cool way to have fun excercising... gets quite addictive really and gets the adrenaline pumping.  My Sister has been joining in with me so we have a little contest going on who can get to their desired weight first.... a little competition is good right.... and I'm happy to say I've lost a stone in 4 weeks and I'm already feeling fitter and healthier.

I'm giving myself a kick up the butt this week on the creating front so I will be back soon hopefully with some pretties to share but in the meantime I will leave you with another journal page.


This one was created with Dylusions ink sprays, images from Dyans downloads (hat and legs), Lisa's Altered art (flowers,dress,cat in chair and words) and the overpainted doggy face is from a magazine.
hugs
Chris xx

10 comments:

Electra said...

This makes me smile, it's so fun and colourful! Tell your inner critic to take a hike, girlfriend-and congratulations on your weight loss!

Mrs Mac said...

Cool! I love the colours!

Lori said...

Good to see you back! And with a bright, colorful piece, no less! Fantastic work, and big congrats on the weight loss, you go girl!

Crafting Queen said...

Love the colours in your background. Great project. Have fun with your Zumba.

Karen said...

Now that looks like me today hahahaha!!!!! Really lovely to see you back in action but I expect that you enjoyed your time away. Zumba eh? Do you have a dvd or are you going out my lovely? xxx

Karen said...

Oh and WELL DONE on shifting the weight, I know how hard it is xxx

My Creative House said...

Chris your journal page made me smil, it is fun and in wonderful colours.
Anni

ParisMaddy said...

What a fun piece full of whimsy and joy. Good luck on the weight loss-ugh, it's my continual, seemingly never ending quest. Madeline

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Thanx for your kind comments :)
Yes, I think you should join in with the colour challenge to give that naughty mojo a kick into touch!! Mine definately needs it at the mo!! :)
..and don't listen to that inner critic Chris...just enjoy your art and have fun!!
Oh, and Loving your bright and cheery journal page...those ink sprays give a fabby effect.
Jan x

Rosie said...

Nice to see you back Chris! Congrats on the weight-loss - never easy, but it feels so good (as I remember!!)
Love the bright and funky page... I have lots of those days! =)