My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Friday 2 April 2010

Altered mirror

I've had this mirror from Ikea for ages and it has been begging to be altered so while at my last playtime with my buddy Chriss I began to cut out shapes and stamped  to my hearts content... ready to add them to my mirror.  It turned out much better than I expected... more for my art wall :D


I played with stamps from Crafty Individuals... I used glossy accents on the faces...


I played with  lots of distress ink and made flowers from distress coloured print paper covered in modpodge with altered german scrap for the centres.


Some pieces of my card were put through cuttlebug folders before adding my ink and the butterfly and some other areas were given the rock candy stickles treatment.



I added sticky ribbon round the outside of the frame which had half pearls attached so gave my butterflies pearl  antenae too.


Here the Mammy butterfly is looking after the baby one... ;- )



To finish off I added a large butterfly topped flower which has rock candy stickles on too.... love me shiny bits and the chain is a found bit off a little chipboard book.



Hope you enjoyed looking and that the post wasn't too picture heavy for ya.

hugs
Chris xx

20 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG what a colorful mirror and the design is amazing. Really really beautiful work.

My dear Chris, I wish you Happy Easter and a sunny weekend.

Chriss Rollins said...

wow, wow, wow..u are one gifted lady you have inspired me to get out those 4 ikea mirrors 1 i have had forever the other 3 only since January.

you did those crafty individual stamps proud and the inks too... well done.

Beate Knappe said...

wow - you make amazing art

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh stunning Chris. I love the colours & stamps you have used & those butterflies are so cute.
Will have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these mirrors. Gez.xx

Karen said...

WOW if this wasn't going on your wall I would nag you for it hahaha!!!! Its stunning darling!!!

HUGS XXX

Crafting Queen said...

Another stunning project Chris. Adore the colours. Anesha

Artyjen said...

Another great piece for your wall :) Just popped by to say thanks for the Wing ATC from the SCD swap I lurve it! :)
xoxo

Chris said...

Wow, what a stunning piece of artwork. Love all the colours. I too have one of the mirrors but just not had time to do anything yet.

Thanks for calling by my blog today. Happy Easter

Martina said...

Wow - this mirror looks great, dear Chriss. Wonderful colors and stunning design.
Wish you and yours a happy Easter, my friend.
Cheers
MARTINA :-)

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

I love seeing lots of pics! Especially when the images are so fab. This is superb Chris, what a fantastic piece.

Electra said...

This is spectacular! Ikea should pay you.........

Joanna said...

This mirror is now wonderful - I particularly like the flowers. Fabby.
Thank you for dropping by my blog.......um, whatever you're having I'll have some too! Your conversations with yourself really made me giggle!
Tara for now, Chuck.

Jo
x

Rosie said...

Lovely altering of the mirror Chris! I have done 2 of those from Ikea - fab aren't they? Both are in the gallery in Bude. ;o)

Sally H said...

Wonderful! Love what you have done. I've bought two and they are still untouched - the size is worrying me - never altered something that big before!

Lorraine said...

Hello Bling kin eck..that is o one brilliant blog name very funny. Like this frame with all the bright colours..Crafty Individual stamps are lovely arent they. Thanks very much for visiting my blog today

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Chris, this is gorgeous! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Hope the night shift is over for you but that it doesn't slow your crafting down if it is! Happy Easter x

Unknown said...

Another goodie

Love Dawn xx

Caroline and Jayne said...

I love this Chris. I made one simular at a Tim Holtz class but there were 100 people all making the same. Yours is a one off & i love it x

Anonymous said...

WoW absolute `stunning` woprk of art!!!You are def one talented Lady for sure...one can never have enough pictures TFS
I love it that your on a roll baby!!!Yahaha:)xxx

~*~Patty S said...

Gorgeous Chris!
WOW! the colors and design are amazing!
oxo