My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Monday 7 February 2011

My first PROPER sketch pad...

by that I mean A4 size... purposely meant for sketching and here's my first sketch in it.  I use all sorts to draw on but up to now have mainly used A5 spiral bound sketch books of the 99p variety...lol  Not quite what a REAL artist would use I'll bet.


 So I thought if I am to take myself and my art seriously it is time to play with the big girls and use Artist quality supplies. 


It won't stop me using my cheapy bits and pieces...cos I do like them... but I want to improve and I need to learn to draw on a larger scale I think.  Mind you the surface of this paper is sooooo different from the ones I usually use that it brings up new challenges all of it's own.   I'm getting  another step nearer to braving that first 'real' portrait ... which is why I took up sketching again. Wish me luck ;-)
hugs
Chris xx

4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great piece, and well done you for being brave and trying something different. :)

Karen said...

Oh Chris...its another self protrait!!! There really is a likeness my lovely! But how brve are you to go up to A4...thats scary!!! Proper artist sketch pads have a lovely surface to work on don't they. I use an A5 for my journaling hugs xxx

Netty said...

This is superb Chris. Annette x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!