My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Saturday 12 February 2011

Tissue paper...

is my best friend when I'm drawing... I have tried paper stumps, a brush and fingers for blending but the tissue just gives a much more delicate result.  I've also been playing with white tack (same as blu tack but white) as an eraser and it's so cool and cheap as chips.  It makes getting those highlights in the eyes mega easy.


I know her hair is a bit wierd but I'm experimenting :D


hugs
Chris xx

13 comments:

Julia Christie said...

Ohhhh I love her eyes. I have never heard of white chip... I will have to look that up.

She is just lovely and I like her hair! Great job!

Smiles and thanks for the nice comment at my place!

Gez Butterworth said...

Amazing Chris :) her eyes are sparkling like diamonds :)
Hope you have a lovely Sunday.xx

Lori said...

Cheap as chips...another one for my British dictionary...lol... love your sketches, the eyes on this are particularly fabulous, you can tell you spent a lot of time on them.

Netty said...

I think I love this drawing the best, not sure why but I do. Everything is so perfect. Beautiful work Chris........
Annette x

Rosie said...

Chris you are so good at this! I love the shading and the eyes are stunning. Hair is a problem for me too!
Keep up this outstanding work my friend - wonderful drawing! xx

flutterbycrafter said...

This is absolutely fabulous, the shading is awesome and her eyes are mesmeric.

pinky said...

She has a beautiful face Chris, perfect features!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Chris
your drawing is amazing! I love the wonderful details and the image has such a warm sweet face! awesome work! :)

P.S. thanks for your sweet comments about the shingles. Mine are internal...horrid headache,dizzy,aching...it's been two weeks now and yesterday was the best day I had so far. HUGS to you!

Linby said...

ooh I love her. You might like this lady's blog who I have followed for ages and have a piece of her original work.
http://zoranaland.blogspot.com/
Hope you are feeling brighter today ;)

Linbyx

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love the eyes, they are fantastic!

Karen said...

Now I really shouldn't jump to conclusions hahaha I thought that you had drawn this beautiful creature onto tissue paper...duh! Brilliant idea to use tissue paper though...do you wrap it round anything??? HUGS XXX

Sally H said...

Oh wow, chris! She is sooo beautiful! I'm starting to get jealous now, cos you do faces so well and I can't! Apples, mushrooms and stones I'm okay at, but not faces!

Angela said...

It's beautiful, Chris. I love how soft it all looks. Fabulous.
Angela