My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Friday 20 March 2009

Willow Sketchie Challenges

Well I'm sharing two cards with you for the Willow Sketchie Challenges cos I didn't manage to upload the last one in time. This weeks challenge is first :D
Just in time for Mothers' Day I used this weeks sketchie for my Mams' card and it's just as well she doesn't read my blog cos I used a photo of her when she was little on the front ( I don't even think she knows that I've got it...lol)
Along with the sketch the challenge was to use embossing somewhere on your card and I used a strip of dotty cuttlebugged card across the middle and the circles beneath the flowers are embossed too but not very visible I'm afraid... you just have to take my word for it :D
The papers on this card are from Willow Designs Floral collection cd. I added some big blooms... paper punched flowers and some gorgeous pearl hearts and a strip of paper lace made with a Fiskars border punch.
The previous challenge was to use dots and stripes along with another sketchie and this time I used papers from Willow Designs Occasions Collection cd. The 'For you' fairy looks right a home there doesn't she?

I added a piece of ribbon under the sentiment and a hand cut dotty flower under my prima flower to bring everything together.
The little green circles are 'toffee treats' from Craftwork cards... yummy.
Have a great weekend all :D
hugs
Chris xx

15 comments:

June said...

Hi Chris i love your mothers day card the image is cute and the card is beautifully made. Oh and i love that you also call your mother 'mam' are you a northerner too ?
Hugs June xxx

Femmy said...

what a beautiful work Chris!! love it!

June said...

Ahhh Chris you might have told me before about the northern thing but i forgot ... memory like a blinkin sieve lol. Thanks so much for your comment on my atc's. I appreciate it :) Yep i think my fave thing about making things is the messy experimenting bit lol... i do it a lot hehe .. i always envy the beautiful neat and delicious cards you make but i could never get such perfect results ... i am just too messy lol
Hugs June xxx

Sandy said...

Oh Vhris you´ve made again so pretty and lovely cards. Brilliant design. Love them.

Have a great weekend my friend.

sharon said...

Your on a roll missus!..fabby cards and I have to say...the top one is such a touching idea..I bet your mum will have a tear in her eye!
Thanks for joining in Willow Sketchie Challenge this week.xxxxxxxxx

Judy said...

What an absolutely wonderful card for your Mom!

Pearl said...

wow you're ready for Mother's Day already ! woohoo !

Adorable cards as always , Chris !

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That's a photo of your mom? Oh my goodness, that is so special!! WOW! I love it! The princess card is gorgeous too!!

Kristen H said...

OOOOH! I love your mom's day card. She is going to just love it. I love her picture as well. The other card is Wonderful as well. I love both card's layers and layers of lovely goodness. :) HAve a great day! And happy crafting.

Ana Baird said...

they're awesome Chris!

Dawn said...

Stunning cards and I love the photo of your mum - what a lovely touch Chris -

the pink and black with that fantastic image and the punched edges - love it - my kind of card - you always add such great little touches too

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Stamp n Sparkle said...

Your cards are lovely!
Zee xx

Shashi Nayagam said...

The cards are so sweet. Love the colours.

Emma said...

Wow both stunning cards...totally gorgeous.
Emma x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow Chris....These are both amazing cards! I love the colours, the textures, the papers, the fab flowers....beautiful work indeedy...and fab photos..!

Hee...I did chuckle after reading your hair incident posts - sorry...and I'm glad I didnt have a cup of tea at the time...

Hope things are good with you....(now the hair is fixed) Sally-Ann...xx