My Creative endevours have moved





FOLLOW ME TO
MY NEW ART BLOG HERE I would love your company.

A New Year and a New beginning... I have created a new blog filled with old and new art. It is time for me to focus on something new. I will be leaving this blog open for inspiration and so I can look back at what I have achieved in the future but I will be adding no further content here.

Sunday 27 June 2010

Life is short... do what you love....

is the sentiment on this easy peasy bookmark I made.  The words and paper are from Crafty Individuals and for once I thought I would make something for myself which is pretty and practical.


I used a rectangle of paper adhered to card, roughed the edges with an emery board and snipped into the bottom with my scissors to create some fringing.  I cut out the butterfly from another part of the paper...curling the edges over my scissors before adding it to complete the bookmark.


A hole punched through the top and some co-ordinating ribbon and quick as you like... no need to turn over those page edges again.  That's soooo naughty isn't it and a complete no no with our craft books...lol

Hugs
Chris xx

12 comments:

Sandy said...

So beautiful bookmark.
Amazing background. I love it.

Crafting Queen said...

Chris this is a beautiful bookmark. Love the colours.

flutterbycrafter said...

Gorgeous bookmark, love the background and sentiment.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Pretty and so easy! Thanks for showing us how - lol!

Anne Essex said...

Gorgeous bookmark. Thanks for sharing. Also thanks for the ladies download.

Sally H said...

Wow! Stunning Chris! I love it

Linby said...

Beautiful bookmark and a great sentiment.
Thanks for the link to the Paris ATC sheet, got it and printed the two dress form ones, they have reproduced so well - bit of a Johnny come lately to printing images as I never thought they would be as good - but these are fab, will be going back for more.
Love Linby x

~*~Patty S said...

Perfectly lovely in every detail Chris ... those colors are WOW

you are so generous to share how you created it too!
Happy Day to you!
oxo

Anonymous said...

Ohhh thats so pretty Chris, love the butterfly too
hugs June xxxxx

Unknown said...

So sweet and simple lovely colours too I have this paper it's lush


Love Dawn xx

Lori said...

It's a beauty, I love it!

Electra said...

It's a no no? who knew? I love your bookmark, especially the colour!